Instant Pot Spaghetti (with uncooked pasta)
Instant Pot Spaghetti is a complete meal including meat sauce and pasta all cooked in one pot!
Brown ground beef in the Instant Pot and then stir in sauce ingredients and some uncooked spaghetti. Voila! Dinner in one pot in minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Taste This recipe tastes like it’s been cooking all day but really, it’s SUPER fast for a full meal!
Quick A from-scratch sauce with pasta in under an hour… perfection!
Versatile Toss in leftover roasted veggies, green peppers, mushrooms or shredded zucchini to up the veggie intake.
Easy One pot and pretty much set it and forget it, this recipe couldn’t be easier.
How to Cook Spaghetti in an Instant Pot
- Brown Meat Brown the beef using the saute setting on the Instant Pot. If your meat has a lot of fat, drain it but if there’s just a little, leave it for flavor.
- Add Pasta & Sauce Add spaghetti and sauce ingredients per the recipe below.
- Cook Secure lid and set to manual/high pressure/8 minutes.
Quick-release the pressure once done and let rest 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately with cheese, parsley, and maybe a slice of homemade garlic bread.
Once cooked you may need to break apart a few of the noodles with a fork. The sauce may seem a little bit thin when you open the lid but as it cools and the pasta continues to soak up the sauce, it’ll thicken up beautifully!
Tips for Success
- Deglaze the brown bits on the bottom of the pan after browning the meat, this helps avoid the dreaded burn notice!
- Submerge Ensure the pasta is completely submerged in the sauce before cooking.
- Size This recipe has only been tested in a 6QT Instant Pot. If your IP is a different size, consult your manual.
- Rest Once cooked you will see liquid on the top, give it a stir an allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes uncovered. The pasta will continue to cook and the sauce will thicken.
Got Meatballs?! You could even toss in some frozen meatballs and let them thaw and reheat as the sauce and dry noodles cook! Let your instant pot do all the work in one pot.
Leftover spaghetti makes a lunch or dinner the next day, in fact, just like chili it’s almost better next day! It’ll keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
No need to re-season, just reheat (and maybe re-cheese)! Kids love a hot lunch and a couple of scoops of instant pot spaghetti in a covered container can easily be reheated at school! For work, just pop into the microwave!
Easy Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Spaghetti and meat sauce prepped in an instant!
Turn a 6QT Instant Pot onto saute. Cook beef, onion and garlic until browned and no pink remains. Drain fat if there is more than 1 tablespoon or so.
Add water and scrape any brown bits. Break spaghetti in half and add spaghetti, tomatoes, marinara, seasoning, and wine. Press the pasta so it is in the sauce.
Close the lid and select manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
Once completed, quick release pressure and stir. Rest 5-10 minutes.
Stir in cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories: 367, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 624mg, Potassium: 753mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 552IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 161mg, Iron: 4mg
Keyword instant pot spaghetti