Tequila Sunrise – Spend With Pennies
Did you know that a Tequila Sunrise recipe is a cinch to make at home?!
Practice your classic cocktail-making skills with this tasty cocktail! Get ready for upcoming glorious days at the beach, the barbecue, or the home bar.
Sweet & Tart Tequila Sunrise
We love to make and serve fancy cocktails that make us feel like we’re at a tropical resort!
- A Tequila Sunrise is the perfect blend of color, flavor, and a splash (or two!) of tequila!
- It’s a bit sweet and tangy.
Fun Fact: Tequila Sunrise gets its name from the way the ingredients are layered in the glass over the ice. The cherry-red hue of the grenadine looks like a sunrise, not to be confused with a Tequila Sunset, where the grenadine is replaced with blackberry brandy and has a dark layer on the top.
What’s in a Tequila Sunrise?
Three simple ingredients, a few ice cubes, and some garnishes make Tequila Sunrise cocktails one of the easy classic cocktails!
ALCOHOL & JUICE Tequila, orange juice, and grenadine are layered in an ice-filled glass.
GARNISH Garnish with a cherry or an orange slice placed on the rim. With all cocktails, presentation is key so use the proper glasses and a bright colorful garnish.
How to Make a Tequila Sunrise
For best results, chill glasses before filling!
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Pour tequila equally into each glass, per recipe measurements below.
- Pour in the orange juice over the tequila. Top with grenadine & garnish.
Bartender Tip: When pouring the grenadine, pour it over an ice cube (instead of into the juice). This will allow the layers to separate easier.
For Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots:
- Dissolve red Jello in 1 cup of grenadine over medium heat.
- Stir in tequila & pour into 1 or 2-ounce shot cups.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Dissolve orange Jello in 1 cup of orange juice.
- Add tequila and pour over the set red shot cups.
- Place in the refrigerator until Jello shots are completely set. Serve.
Our Fave Fruity Cocktails
Did you make this Tequila Sunrise? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Sweet, tart, and super refreshing, this Tequila Sunrise is the perfect cocktail to enjoy with friends!
Fill two medium glasses with ice.
Divide tequila and orange juice over the two glasses.
Gently top with grenadine.
Garnish with oranges and cherries.
Chill glasses in freezer for best results.
Calories: 220, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 6mg, Potassium: 232mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 227IU, Vitamin C: 57mg, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword how to make a Tequila Sunrise, Tequila Sunrise, Tequila Sunrise cocktail, Tequila Sunrise recipe
Course Beverage, Drink, Drinks